YEMP participants are EAGER to work for you!
Topics that are covered in 5 weeks of pre-employment skills training include but are not limited to…
COMMUNICATION AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
APPROPRIATE USE OF TECHNOLOGY IN THE WORKPLACE
PRESENTATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT IN THE WORKPLACE
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER WHO:
- Has a company that is growing?
- Is community minded?
- Needs an extra hand to complete a project or an employee to help existing services?
- Would like a chance to build the skills of a future employee?
- Hires young people between the ages of 15 and 30?
The Youth Employment Mentorship Program assists participants in finding meaningful, long term employment.
Hiring one of our Youth Employment Mentorship participants could benefit you and your company as we offer:
- 50% wage subsidy (based on minimum wage) for the first 7 weeks
- Pre-screened applicants who are matched to the specific needs of your company
- Pre-trained applicants who have undergone 5 weeks of pre-employment skills training
- Post-hiring supports: Life skills coaching and job coaching
Testimonials from past employers about working with YEMP:
“…I was impressed with Autumn’s thoroughness. We would definitely try YEMP again in the future.”
“Very helpful in enabling us to find staff that have proved successful.”
For more information on this program or to learn more about hiring a person from the Youth Employment Mentorship Program,
please call 250-748-0232 and ask for the programs Employment Liaison, Autumn Wood
The Government of Canada contributed funding to this initiative.