Are you a parent or a caregiver to a teen?
- Are you having conflict with your teen?
- Is your teen engaging in risky behaviours?
- Are your teen’s chores not getting done?
- Are you feeling out of control?
There is support. You don’t have to do this alone. We can help.
Some of the things that we can help with:
- If it isn’t working, don’t keep doing it. (for example, hollering at each other) We can help you find solutions that do work.
- Engaging in a power struggle with a teen is not going to lead to what you want. We can help find ways to communicate with your teen that will work.
- Powerful parents beget powerful children. We can help you build on your own power to help your teen find theirs.
- Remember that in the end, you want a relationship with this person. We can help you to create the foundation for that relationship to flourish.
- As a parent of a teen, are you losing control? Probably. We can help you understand the “teen brain” and how best to navigate during these years.
Youth Services Resource List
- Federation of Child and Family Services
- Representative for Children and Youth
- BC Youth in Care
- BC Council for Families
- Parent Support Services Society of BC