Cowichan Valley Youth Services (CVYS) is a progressive organization dedicated to creating and providing opportunities that strengthen the bonds of young people to their families and the community by providing a range of counselling and support services. We are a free and confidential service for teens 13-19, their families and caregivers.
CVYS is currently looking for a Youth & Family Counsellor to fill a full-time permanent position.
Education & Experience
- Required education – BA CYC or BSW
- 2+years experience working with youth & families impacted by trauma preferred
- Able to demonstrate non-judgemental and confidential counselling and support to youth and/or their families and to young pregnant/parenting families.
- Provide direct services to people we serve through conflict resolution, group facilitation, family intervention and family work, individual client work, advocacy, home visitations, community outreach and education, as required.
- Work through a trauma informed anti-oppressive lens
Community Network Connections
- Consult and or refer people we serve to the appropriate community services that best meet their needs.
- Maintain a consultative relationship with the MCFD staff during the Ministry’s assessment and referral process and to participate in risk assessments, case conferences, case planning meetings, and integrated case management and where appropriate take on the role of case manager.
- Provide case specific information and recommendations both verbally and in written form when requested by the MCFD staff.
- Remain knowledgeable about the available resources in the community and continue to network and maintain relationships with other agencies such as MCFD, Mental Health, Education, Health and Human Resources.
- Prepare and submit monthly statistical and expense reports. Maintain up-to-date session notes of people we serve and as appropriate, monthly reports to MCFD.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and supervision meetings.
- Liaise, consult and collaborate with other program staff members.
- Work in co-operation with the Executive Director in the planning and development of COS programs.
- Work in co-operation with, and as part of, a collaborative team within the Agency.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to : Milah Smith , Team Leader
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: email@example.com