Does this sound familiar?
I can’t get a job because I have no experience!
I can’t get experience because I don’t have a job!
- Driving practice for their “N” test –stepping stone toward their driver’s license
- Apprenticeship hours – earning hours towards 1st year apprenticeship requirements
- Increased confidence – to work in new environments with new people
- New skills – from electrical, to janitorial, to computer programs, to retail, to cooking.
- Excellent work references – to add to their resume for their next job
- Leadership skills – training others
- Cooking skills – learning new ways to prepare food
- Communication skills – working with a team to accomplish a task
- Customer Service skills – working in retail, restaurant and service industries
- Safety skills – using safety harnesses and proper ladder use
I am very thankful for this program, it has made a huge difference in confidence in myself and my children’s future. I am proud that I took this program, and that although it was difficult I had each of you for support. I can’t explain how much it means to me and my family that I now have the knowledge and new-found confidence to keep pushing forward.
~~YEMP participant, mother of 3